- The TCU Institute of Behavioral Research is one of the most respected evidence-based addiction treatment research institutes in the world.
- The Research and Creative Activities Fund supports faculty research grants and junior faculty awards. In 2012-2013, these faculty members submitted 20 external funding proposals, with three selected for funding and others pending.
- TCU Invests in Scholarship (TCU IS) is a program of internal grants to bring external dollars to TCU for research. TCU has invested $200,000 in 12 programs ranging from a study of Chinese entrepreneurial efforts to the status and movement patterns of Texas horned lizards. These projects provide opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students to assist with major research programs.
- Fulbright Scholar Dr. Jack Hill will be a Fellow at the University of Aberdeen this year as a result of his TCU IS funding.
- College of Science & Engineering faculty have been awarded research dollars for investigating child development, wind energy, autism, mercury contamination in Texas lakes and other projects. Support comes from private foundations, industry, and federal and state sources.
- The College of Education receives federal and state funding for cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research as well as outreach to the community. In addition to math and science programs in the Andrews Institute, the college is a site for the Advise TX College Advising Corp.
- Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences has a rich history of advancing nursing research and scholarship. Funding for college scholarly activities comes from private foundations as well as state and national agencies.
- Learn more about faculty research online in Endeavors, the TCU research magazine at www.endeavors.tcu.edu.
Point of pride:
The Institute of Child Development in the College of Science & Engineering received a $20 million grant from The Rees-Jones Foundation in 2013 to continue research to benefit vulnerable children across the globe.
© 2014 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel