- The Institute of Behavioral Research has launched a new initiative for adolescents in the legal system, the result of a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, one of the National Institutes of Health.
- Initiative For Oncology Research grants are a special project sponsored by the Moncrief Cancer Foundation to encourage inter-institutional research by faculty at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and TCU.
- Researchers in the HOPE Initiative in the TCU Counseling and Mental Health Center collect and assist with analysis of data related to suicide prevention on college campuses. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, funds TCU’s participation.
- Faculty in all TCU colleges and staff in Student Affairs serve as principal investigators for projects with external funding. Projects range from mental and brain health and hard science investigations, to social research, business practices and creative workshops.
- A number of TCU research groups have been granted patents.
Point of pride:
Prevention of human trafficking is a national research priority. TCU is one of the sites supported by funding from the National Institute of Justice and the Institute of International Education/US AID.