College of Communication
- The Film, Television and Digital Media department’s new degree in Sports Broadcasting attracts students from across the nation.
- The Texas Center for Community Journalism has provided training for reporters and editors from 160 community newspapers and is a leader in helping small newspapers with online publishing.
- The 2,300-square-foot Convergence Center in the Schieffer School of Journalism prepares students for a multimedia future where HD telecasts, live radio, traditional print and full Web operations converge.
- The Department of Communication Studies offers consulting and mediation services to the North Texas business, legal and educational communities.
- The Schieffer Symposium brings high-profile media figures such as White House correspondents Nora O’Donnell, Jake Tapper and Chuck Todd to campus for discussions led by Bob Schieffer ’59.
- A student-operated advertising and public relations agency, Roxo, was launched in January 2012 to work with both profit and nonprofit clients.
- TCU 360, a multimedia converged news service, complements student broadcast and print media.
- Members of the new TCU Debate Team have successfully competed in parliamentary debates.
- The Department of Communication Studies now conducts a competitive advanced public speaking contest — the Wisdom Award — with a significant scholarship going to the winner.
- Students and faculty have received national and local Emmy Awards for their work on various projects.
- The Schieffer School of Journalism is one of only 18 private university programs accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Point of pride: The Schieffer School of Journalism provides full-time Washington internships within respected organizations such as CBS News, the Library of Congress, National Geographic and the Peace Corps.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.