Bob Schieffer College of Communication
- The 2,300-square-foot Convergence Center in the School of Journalism prepares students for a multimedia future where HD telecasts, live radio, traditional print and full Web operations converge.
- Film, Television and Digital Media students produce sporting events seen nationally.
- The Texas Center for Community Journalism has provided training for reporters and editors from 160 community newspapers and is a leader in helping small newspapers with online publishing.
- The Schieffer Symposium brings high-profile media figures such as Tom Brokaw, Bob Woodward and Ann Curry to campus for discussions led by Bob Schieffer ’59.
- Every year TCU hosts the Leaders in Media Conference, bringing to campus national professional leaders in reality television, sports broadcasting and media marketing.
- Roxo is an on-campus advertising and public relations agency run by the School of Strategic Communication students that works with a variety of real-world clients.
- Due to the popularity of the major, students must apply to enroll in the School of Strategic Communication (formerly Advertising and Public Relations).
- TCU 360, a multimedia converged news service, complements student broadcast and print media.
- Members of the new TCU Forensics team have successfully competed in parliamentary debates.
- The Department of Communication Studies now conducts a competitive advanced public speaking contest — the Wisdom Award — with a significant scholarship going to the winner.
- Students and faculty have received national and local Emmy Awards for their work on various projects.
- The School of Journalism is one of only 18 private university programs accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Point of pride:
The Schieffer Symposium on the News celebrated its 10th anniversary, and The CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley was broadcast live from campus.
© 2014 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel