Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Harris College of Nursing & Health Sciences has responded to the continuing critical shortage of nurses by creating an accelerated track for students with degrees in other fields, allowing them to complete the BSN in only 15 months.
- Degrees available in nursing include the Baccalaureate in Nursing (traditional or accelerated); the online MSN with three available majors: Clinical Nurse Specialist (adult/gerontological or pediatric focus), Clinical Nurse Leader or Nurse Educator; and the online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) for advanced practice registered nurses.
- The Davies School of Communication Sciences & Disorders offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Speech-Language Pathology and Habilitation of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, as well as minors in Communication Sciences and Disorders and a Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology. The Miller Speech & Hearing Clinic provides services to the Fort Worth community, as well as serving as a practicum site for speech-language pathology students.
- Social Work students gain intensive practical experience in agencies such as child protective services, senior centers, schools, corrections and health care. A Master of Social Work program is also available, offering an Advanced Generalist concentration with an emphasis in either health and mental health or children and families.
- The Department of Kinesiology offers undergraduate degrees in Health and Fitness, Sport Psychology, K-12 Physical Education, Movement Science, Athletic Training and Physical Education/Strength and Conditioning. Graduate degrees from Kinesiology include Motor Control, Sport Psychology, Exercise Physiology, and Nutrition and Physical Activity.
- TCU is developing innovative solutions to critical health care needs with initiatives such as the Center for Evidence Based Practice and Research: A Collaborating Center of the Joanna Briggs Institute and the Center for Oncology Education and Research.
Point of pride:
The online Master of Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs placed in the top 25 in the U.S. News & World Report 2015 ranking for online learning.
© 2015 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel
Fort Worth skyline photo by Brian Luenser