John V. Roach Honors College
- TCU officially launched the John V. Roach Honors College in 2009, funded by a $2.5 million gift from Paul and Judy Andrews of Fort Worth. The endowed gift pays tribute to their friend John Roach, longtime Fort Worth civic and business leader and former chairman of the TCU Board of Trustees. The college supplanted the Honors Program founded 46 years earlier.
- Former White House advisors Ari Fleischer and Paul Begala shared their expertise on politics at the college’s Fogelson Honors Forum just weeks before the 2012 presidential election.
- The John V. Roach Honors College provides an enriched curriculum with a focus on world cultures. All honors students, regardless of major, have an opportunity to enroll in Cultural Visions courses that provide unique insight into the cultures and civilizations that will impact their lives.
- During their junior and senior years, honors students may elect to pursue a research project in their major field, with the guidance of a professor, or may register for a series of small interdisciplinary discussion courses.
- Students benefit from a holistic approach to education that includes advising, an Honors-only international Frog Camp for first-year students, excellent housing and opportunities for leadership development, and Honors Abroad trips to Europe.
- The recently constructed Clarence and Kerry Scharbauer Hall houses the college, while the primary on-campus home for Honors students is the recently renovated Milton Daniel Residence Hall.
- First-year students join the honors college by invitation only. Sophomores and upper-level students with an appropriate GPA may also apply.
Point of pride: As one of TCU’s flagship academic programs, the John V. Roach Honors College recruits and supports high-achieving students from across the nation and the world.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.