Other Academic Highlights
- Capitalizing on its location in the Barnett Shale, the TCU Energy Institute is a leader in research focused on unconventional natural gas plays, which are becoming increasingly important in meeting U.S. energy needs.
- The Intensive English Program is a member of the prestigious academic standards organization, University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).
- William L. Adams Center for Writing patrons include undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni. Around half of the tutorial consultations provided by the center are electronic.
- Graduate students from disciplines in the liberal arts, education, fine arts, and science and engineering are encouraged to conduct world-class research and share their results at international gatherings of professional colleagues. Many receive TCU travel grants to present papers at such meetings and to visit locations to conduct research.
- Producers and conservationists on three continents seek expertise on best practices in land stewardship from the TCU Ranch Management Institute.
- Conceptual frameworks emerging from the research at TCU’s Institute of Behavioral Research have yielded assessment and intervention resources, as well as implementation strategies, that are being used in the United States and internationally.
Point of pride:
Evidence of TCU’s academic excellence and global vision is the selection of five Horned Frogs as Fulbright Scholars in 2013.
© 2014 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | email@example.com
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel