Other Academic Highlights
- The Intensive English Program is now a member of the prestigious academic standards organization University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP). Representatives of UCIEP visited TCU and their review noted diversity of the IEP student body, faculty dedication and facilities as program strengths.
- William L. Adams Center for Writing patrons include undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni. Electronic consults now make up around half of the tutorial consults in the center. New services include online presentations on APA, MLA and Chicago citation styles, which can be downloaded from the center’s website.
- Graduate students from disciplines in the liberal arts, education, fine arts, and science and engineering are encouraged to conduct world-class research and share their results at international gatherings of professional colleagues. Many receive TCU travel grants to present papers at such meetings and to visit locations to conduct research.
- The TCU Ranch Management Institute is sought after by producers and conservationists on three continents for expertise on best practices in land stewardship.
- Conceptual frameworks emerging from the research at TCU’s IBR at the individual client and organizational functioning levels have yielded assessment and intervention resources as well as implementation strategies now being used not only in the United States, but also in the U.K. and Italy.
Point of pride: TCU Horned Frogs can study in more than 75 countries around the world.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.