TCU: COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
TCU and the DFW Metroplex
- TCU and its hometown have enjoyed a century of partnership since the University moved to Fort Worth from its Waco campus in 1910.
- A new urban village is blossoming in the neighborhood south of campus. TCU is a key partner in the Berry Street Initiative, which is fostering this change.
- TCU has helped to make college a reality for more than 6,000 first-generation/low-income students across the Metroplex through College Access programs, which include TCU Community Scholars.
- With events like the Trinity Shakespeare Festival, the PianoTexas International Academy & Festival and the Schieffer Symposium in Journalism, TCU is an anchor in the cultural life of North Texas.
- In the summer, the University opens the campus to 60,000 participants in TCU-sponsored camps, conferences and other community events.
- TCU is developing innovative solutions to critical health care needs with initiatives such as the Center for Evidence Based Practice and Research, the nurse anesthesia program and a doctorate in nursing practice.
- The Andrews Institute of Mathematics & Science Education, which works with hundreds of K-12 teachers and students, is helping create a national model for teaching of science and mathematics.
Point of pride:
The DFW Metroplex is one of the top areas in the country for finding internships and jobs after graduation. TCU Career Services, the Alumni Association’s National Networking Nights and career-related webinars help to hone Horned Frogs’ interviewing and networking skills.
© 2014 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.
Kara Duval, photo by Susan Vogel