AddRan College of Liberal Arts
- The annual Jim Wright Symposium honors former House Speaker and Distinguished Lecturer in Political Science Jim Wright. The symposium brings prominent figures to campus such as Lee Hamilton and James Baker as well as former U.S. Representatives Bill Alexander and David O’Brien, speakers for the 11th annual symposium.
- Other notable speakers are brought to campus through the Moore Symposium, Daryl D. Schmidt Lectureship on Religion in Public Life, the Robert D. Alexander Lectureship in the Liberal Arts, and the Boller Symposium on the American Presidency.
- AddRan College offers numerous opportunities for study abroad and civic engagement, Model UN, moot court, and internships with Fort Worth businesses and governmental organizations.
- The annual AddRan Festival of Undergraduate Scholarship and Creativity showcases the research and creative projects of students. Selected essays are published as part of an undergraduate research journal.
- The Institute for Critical and Creative Expression and the New Media Writing Studio support and enrich students’ ability to express themselves using leading-edge digital media technologies.
- The college comprises 10 academic departments and Army and Air Force ROTC. Approximately 1,200 students major in the liberal arts. On average, each semester, AddRan College generates 29 percent of all undergraduate semester credit hours taught at TCU, which ranks it first among the colleges.
- AddRan College plans to offer an online master’s degree in Criminal Justice starting in fall 2013.
- The Center for Texas Studies played a major role in publishing the book A Century of Partnership: Fort Worth and TCU.
Point of pride: The Institute for Urban Living and Innovation explores the multifaceted human experience of living in urban environments and cooperates with neighborhoods on community gardening projects.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.