A World-Class University Experience
- Incoming TCU students have the opportunity to experience Frog Camp in Texas and abroad. About 80 percent of the incoming first year class signs up to participate in this summer program designed to introduce students to the values and culture of the TCU community.
- Frog Camps are shaped to the interests of students, from travel abroad to Rome, Seville or London to a leadership-based camp in Washington, D.C. From a high-ropes adventure course in Colorado to service-based and cultural initiatives in Fort Worth, Frog Camp has something for everyone.
- At the Chancellor’s Assembly, a celebration of TCU’s academic life, incoming students march into Daniel-Meyer Coliseum to the applause of faculty and staff members clad in academic regalia. The event concludes with the candlelight passing of the Torch of Knowledge.
- First-year students have the opportunity to take seminars designed to develop a sense of belonging and the skills and self-confidence needed for academic success. Through transitional programs, they are provided with opportunities to grow and learn at all levels of development.
- The TCU Leadership Center offers a wide variety of co-curricular classes and programs that expose students to contemporary leadership topics and opportunities for leadership development.
- Students have the chance to become involved in the University through more than 200 academic, professional and social organizations.
- TCU’s signet ring, which displays the University’s seal, is presented to Horned Frogs in a special ceremony at the beginning of their senior year.
- Each year, the 50th reunion class hosts a weekend of events, including marching in the May Commencement processional, symbolizing the lifelong ties that Horned Frogs forge with their alma mater.
Point of pride: From running with the Bleacher Creatures to making the Senior Toast to attending the 50th reunion, Horned Frogs forge lifelong ties with TCU and each other.
© 2013 TCU | 2800 S. University Dr., Fort Worth, Texas 76129 | 817.257.7000 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Christian University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, doctoral degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Texas Christian University.