Dear TCU Campus Community,
A sincere thank you to every Horned Frog who has helped keep the Texas Christian University campus and our friends and families safe during this past year. On behalf of the Campus Readiness Task Force and our colleagues serving on TCU’s Public Health Group, we have been pleased with and grateful for the way you have prioritized safety and responsibility to others.
Today we write to outline coming changes to our Health and Safety protocols. Earlier this month we announced our intention to host a fully in-person experience this Fall 2021 based on downward trending infection rates, strong vaccination rates, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance and admirable adherence to Protect the Purple protocols.
We do intend to keep face coverings and social distancing in place for the coming months, remaining in line with CDC recommendations. However, beginning on May 10, we will begin lifting some restrictions on activities in preparation for professional development for faculty and staff, domestic and international study programs, summer day camps and other activities that support our mission.
To aid in planning for May 10, 2021, and beyond, see the below anticipated changes. CDC guidance is changing rapidly, so please check TCU’s Connected Campus site for the most up-to-date information. We will reissue our Public Health Guidance document in April.
*Note all events must observe the safety protocols in place at the time of the event.*
Anticipated changes beginning May 10:
- Summer Conferences and Camps for non-TCU students are supported and encouraged if space is available. No TCU-sponsored overnight stays either on or off campus will be permitted. If an overnight stay is required, it must be funded and arranged by the participant. TCU will provide a list of local hotel options. TCU will not host or supervise minors in hotels or housing off campus while attending camps.
- Frog Camp and Orientation will be an overnight residential experience for students and incoming Horned Frogs. We are excited to be able to prioritize the student onboarding experience.
- Domestic and International Travel for faculty and staff will resume, pending appropriate approval. Domestic travel must be approved by the unit head. Approval for international travel will be facilitated through the Travel Authorization and Registration Process. For more information, please contact StudyAbroad@tcu.edu.
- Domestic and International Study Abroad and Study Away programs with student participants will resume on a limited basis with the appropriate program registration and Vice Chancellor approval. More information is forthcoming. Please contact the Center for International Studies if you have questions.
- Campus visitors will be permitted. All visitors must observe TCU health and safety protocols.
- On-campus and off-campus events will resume observing TCU health and safety protocols, regardless of venue.
- Food service for campus events will return to established catering guidelines for Sodexo and other licensed food vendors. (BLUU remains Sodexo only.)
We recognize that not all situations are addressed in this overview. In the coming weeks, you can expect more audience specific information including additional information for employees and the reissued Public Health Guidance. For more information, always please check our Frequently Asked Questions.
In closing, we continue to ask you to register for vaccination through TCU as well as through Tarrant County Public Health. Importantly, if you have already received your vaccine elsewhere, let us know by filling out the TCU verification form. More than 16% of students, faculty and staff report that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine – something to be proud of!
We are pleased to be entering a new and positive phase of our Returning to Campus plan, thanks to your dedication to our community. We’re proud to call you a Horned Frog.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and
Chair, Chancellor’s Campus Readiness Task Force
Teresa Abi-Nader Dahlberg,
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs