What COVID-19 prevention strategies are recommended?
Last Updated March 02, 2022
The prevention strategies are simple:
- Get vaccinated and stay up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Wear face coverings indoors in public in areas where COVID-19 Community Level is high. Handle your face coverings carefully and wash hands after removing the face covering you just used.
- Stay 6 feet away from people (physical distancing) even with a mask on.
- Avoid poorly ventilated spaces and crowds.
- Test to prevent spread to others.
- Wash your hands frequently using plenty of soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
It is especially important to wash:
- Before eating or touching your face
- After using the restroom
- After leaving a public place
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- After handling your cloth face covering
- After changing a diaper
- After caring for someone sick
- After touching animals or pets
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow. Do not spit in public.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
- Monitor your health daily and be alert for symptoms.
TCU will provide disinfectant wipes for classrooms and other common spaces. Bring supplies for your private spaces. Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work.