Dear TCU Students,
By now, you’ve seen the communication from Chancellor Boschini outlining the plan for moving our semester forward given the spread of the COVID-19 virus in the United States. The status of COVID-19 is changing rapidly and, with the aim of protecting our campus and community, we will deliver coursework online beginning March 23 through at least April 3, and encourage students to remain at home.
For those who cannot travel or do not have a viable place to go, campus housing will remain open. In order to remain on campus, students will need to do the following:
- Register with Housing and Residence Life at the following link (https://tcu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6FfaAY9SINoB96l). If you are experiencing symptoms, you will not be permitted to be quarantined in a residence hall. Proper locations for quarantine and isolation will be defined by the Office of Emergency Management and the Tarrant County Public Health Department.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for hygiene and social distancing. That information can be found at www.cdc.gov.
Many students have been away from campus for Spring Break. As we navigate how to keep our campus healthy, we are asking that all students who have been away hold on returning to campus. We are working through the complex details of what this means to each individual student and will send more information as we finalize our procedures and processes. If you live on campus and need access to specific items before April 3, please contact Housing and Residence Life at 817-257-7865.
Please note the following regarding services for students:
- Brown-Lupton Health Center will remain open. If you have traveled to an affected area and have symptoms of COVID-19, please contact TCU Brown-Lupton Health Center prior to coming to the center at 817-257-4707.
- Counseling and Mental Health Services will remain open and offer appointments via phone and tele-health. Please contact the main officer at 817-257-7863 if you would like to conduct your appointment electronically.
- Campus Recreation Services will be closed.
- Campus Dining Services will remain open with reduced times. Specific information will be provided as soon as possible.
- Student workers may choose to continue to work on campus or may choose to not work while classes are being offered online. Please inform your supervisor of your choice.
As we learn more, we will update you via email. Please continue to check your email. If you have questions, please direct them to Campus Life at 817-257-7926.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs