As a member of the Texas Christian University community, you play a key role in helping the University live up to its commitment to maintain the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct free from discrimination and harassment in support of our mission. As part of our legal responsibilities as a higher education institution, we must also understand and effectively apply the rules surrounding our students’ personally identifiable information. Beyond our legal requirements, we must educate and enforce federal and state regulations to maintain high standards to guide us in our daily University activities and behave in a manner that both respects the freedom of others and refrains from interfering with normal University business.
To uphold these standards campus-wide, the University provides annual online, self-paced compliance training programs. As an employee of TCU, you are required to complete online compliance courses related to workplace conduct, discrimination and harassment, Title IX , the Clery Act, FERPA, and the protection of minors. University employees are expected to complete their assigned courses within 30 days after the course assignment. Incomplete or non-complete courses may impact employees’ annual performance rating and/or merit increase.
You will receive an email communication from Everfi that will contain instructions on accessing the courses.
Modules for the 2020-2021 Compliance Cycle are:
TCU, Brite, and TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine Faculty and Staff, including temporary employees
- Code of Conduct: Workplace Conduct
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Basics
- Protecting Youth
- Diversity and Inclusion EDU
- Preventing Harassment & Discrimination with Title IX/Clery module*
Notes to remember for the 2020-2021 Compliance Cycle:
- Non-exempt, student, and temporary employees should review and complete their course assignments during scheduled work hours.
- Faculty, Staff, Temporary Employees, and Student Employees will receive bi-weekly reminders until the mandatory training programs are completed.
- All TCU, Brite, and TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine employees, including temporary employees, are required to complete the annual compliance training courses, regardless of length of employment.
- The 2020-2021 Compliance Cycle begins July 14, 2020, and ends at 5:00 pm CDT on April 30, 2021. Employees hired after April 30, 2021, will receive their compliance training at the beginning of the next compliance cycle. *Due recent changes in federal legislation associated with Title IX, the Preventing Harassment & Discrimination with Title IX/Clery module course will be deployed beginning on August 25, 2020.
- Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari are the preferred internet browsers for the mandatory trainings. EVERFI courses are not supported on the Internet Explorer browser. Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the Help link within the course or by visiting the Everfi technical support site.
- The online compliance courses currently are not supported on smart phones. We recommend that you use a tablet, laptop or a desktop computer to complete your training.
- After the 2020-2021 launch of compliance training on July 14, 2020, you may access your assigned courses through the TCU portal at any time (my.tcu.edu/My Employee Center/Compliance/Single Sign On with TCU username and password).
Should you have further inquiries, contact the Compliance Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.