UPDATE: We recently transitioned to a new online compliance learning management system (LMS): Vector Solutions. Beginning Spring 2023, the online compliance training will be made available on the Vector LMS. As courses are assigned, learners will receive an email notification Texas Christian University ("@safecolleges.com" domain).
In addition to the online compliance training required of all faculty, staff, and student employees, as outlined below, TCU offers additional trainings that are required based on an individual's job responsibility or function, research area, or participation in programs or activities involving minors :
As a member of the Texas Christian University community, you play a key role in helping the University live up to its commitment to maintain the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct free from discrimination and harassment in support of our mission. As part of our legal responsibilities as a higher education institution, we must also understand and effectively apply the rules surrounding our students’ personally identifiable information. Beyond our legal requirements, we must educate and enforce federal and state regulations to maintain high standards to guide us in our daily University activities and behave in a manner that both respects the freedom of others and refrains from interfering with normal University business.
To uphold these standards campus-wide, the University provides annual online, self-paced compliance training programs. As an employee of TCU, you are required to complete online compliance courses related to workplace conduct, discrimination and harassment, diversity, inclusion and belonging, Title IX , the Clery Act, FERPA, and data security. University employees are expected to complete their assigned courses within 45 days after the course assignment. Incomplete or non-complete courses may impact employees’ annual performance rating and/or merit increase.
You will receive an email communication from Texas Christian University ("@safecolleges.com" domain) that will contain instructions on accessing the courses.
Modules for the 2022-2023 Compliance Cycle
|Course||New Employee*||Returning Employee||Student Employee||Associate**|
|Code of Conduct: Workplace Conduct (EVERFI)
Code of Conduct (Vector)
|Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging||●||●|
|Preventing Harassment & Discrimination with Title IX/Clery module||●||●||●|
Code of Conduct: Data Security (EVERFI)
|FERPA Basics (EVERFI)
FERPA: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (Vector)
*New employees hired on or after April 30, 2022
**Additional courses may be assigned based on function
Learn more about the compliance courses
Notes to remember for the 2022-2023 Compliance Cycle:
- Non-exempt, student, and temporary employees should review and complete their course assignments during scheduled work hours.
- Faculty, Staff, Temporary and Student Employees, Associates, and Graduate Assistants will receive bi-weekly reminders until the mandatory training programs are completed.
- All TCU, Brite, and TCU School of Medicine employees, including temporary employees, are required to complete the annual compliance training courses, regardless of length of employment.
- The 2022-2023 Compliance Cycle begins July 20, 2022, and ends at 5:00 pm CDT on April 30, 2023. Employees hired after April 30, 2023, will receive their compliance training at the beginning of the next compliance cycle.
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge are the preferred internet browsers for the mandatory trainings. Should you experience technical issues, support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the Help link within the course or by visiting the Vector Solutions Support Center.
- Following the 2022-2023 launch of compliance training on July 19, 2022, you may access your assigned courses through the TCU portal at any time (my.tcu.edu/My Employee Center/Compliance/Single Sign On with TCU username and password; Associates - click on the Home Page menu/My Employee Center/Compliance).
Should you have further inquiries, contact the Compliance Training Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research Compliance Training
The TCU Office of Research offers comprehensive training opportunities to meet the needs of faculty, staff, postdocs and students involved in research and scholarly activities at TCU. Our program is structured to provide a better understanding of the requirements, policies and administrative processes that impact the research enterprise.
Environmental Health & Safety Compliance Training
TCU Environmental Health & Safety offers a range of occupational safety and environmental training to all University departments. Training is offered on an as-needed and as-requested basis. To learn more, contact the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at 817-257-7220.
Protection of Minors
TCU is dedicated to the safety and welfare of minors who visit TCU's campus, including those who participate in university-sponsored programs and activities, university academic activities, university-related events, or university co-sponsored events and minors who participate in a third-party program, camp or event, administered by an external entity, conducted on TCU's campus. To promote the protection of minors, all authorized adults participating in programs or activities involving minors must successfully complete a state-approved training and examination program on sexual abuse and child molestation awareness.
TCU faculty, staff, and enrolled students may request access to the online, state-approved course currently utilized at TCU by contacting the Office of Compliance at email@example.com.