Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Learn to provide comprehensive health care to chronically, acutely, or critically ill adults and elders.
If you're a registered nurse with a BSN, you’re eligible to apply for our doctor of nursing practice program. This innovative online program is combined with three on-campus sessions to prepare you for working with a multidisciplinary team, managing health and wellness in the context of individuals, families, health care settings and society.
Our adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner DNP program will equip you to solve complex problems and present you with new opportunities in health care. A DNP provides terminal academic preparation for nursing practice and will prepare you for clinical leadership positions in a variety of environments.Visit Department Website
- Acute Care Adult Gerontology I
- Diagnostic Methods and Procedures for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Advanced Practice Roles
Special Admission Requirements
Learn about program admission requirements at our graduate nursing admission page.
What Sets Us Apart
- Learn from faculty who are outstanding educators, researchers, and practitioners committed to your success.
- Benefit from coursework delivered online through an interactive learning platform.
- Hone your leadership skills through interaction with fellow students, faculty, and community partnerships.
- Join the distinguished TCU alumni network.
- You’ll be able to practice in academic medical centers, community hospitals and outpatient practices.
- Work in settings such as critical care units, inpatient units, outpatient settings and specialty practices like neurosurgery, cardiology, hematology, trauma and orthopedics.