As a nurse educator, you’ll embody the roles of teacher, scholar and collaborator.
Nurse educators assume leadership in curriculum, instruction and evaluation. As a nurse educator, you’ll play an important role in shaping the field of nursing by teaching the next generation of nurses and discovering, applying and integrating new knowledge. This online program allows you to choose a population to focus on with dedicated adult-gerontology and pediatrics tracks.Visit Department Website
- Interprofessional Education Strategies
- Curriculum and Program Development in Nursing
- Principles of Simulation in Education
Special Admission Requirements
Learn about graduate nursing admission requirements for our nursing education program.
What Sets Us Apart
Our online programs are flexible enough to accommodate working professional nurses who don’t want to put their career on hold or uproot their lives to relocate. Clinical practicum and teaching practicum courses are supervised by nursing faculty and qualified preceptors. Generally, students complete their practicum/residency courses in their geographic area. If adequate resources are not workable, concentrated practicum experiences are available in the Fort Worth area.
- Nurse educators shape the future of health care by training tomorrow’s nurses.
- Earning an MSN opens doors into academia and staff development.
- According to Nurse Journal, the demand for nurse educators is expected to grow faster than the national average and the average salary for nurse educators is $77,000.