Student Access & Accommodation (SAA) works collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to create an inclusive educational environment for students. The purpose of academic accommodations is to assure that there is equal access to and the opportunity to benefit from all educational programs at Texas Christian University. In order to apply for academic accommodations at TCU, all students must follow the steps outlined below.
- Submit an online application for accommodation to the Student Access & Accommodation office. Students will use their TCU username and password to access the online application. Student Access & Accommodation will confirm by email to the student’s official TCU account when the application has been successfully submitted.
- Once the application has been submitted, students will be prompted to submit supporting documentation based on their disability type(s) from an appropriate treatment provider that meets the university's official documentation guidelines.
- At any point in this process, students can schedule an appointment to speak with a Disability Specialist regarding their accommodation needs.
- All academic accommodation requests are reviewed by the Student Access & Accommodation Documentation Review Committee (DSDRC). Accommodation requests cannot be reviewed until an application and documentation have been submitted.
- A follow up appointment will be requested once the documentation and accommodation requests have been reviewed. Students will be sent an email through their TCU email account to schedule a follow up appointment to discuss the outcome of the review.
Things to Remember:
- Accommodations are NOT retroactive.
- The SAA Office is available to meet with the student and with University faculty and staff to ensure delivery of appropriate support services.
- The SAA Office serves as a liaison between the student and the faculty member as needed.