At TCU, we believe that the ability to dine safely on campus with peers is a significant part of the college experience. Students that need a dietary accommodation related to food allergies or other dietary related diagnoses should contact Student Access & Accommodation to discuss their accommodation needs.
To request a dietary accommodation, students will need to:
- Submit an online application for accommodation to the Student Access & Accommodation office. Students will use their TCU username and password to access the online application. Student Access & Accommodation will confirm by email to the student’s official TCU account when the application has been successfully submitted.
- Once the application has been submitted, students will be prompted to submit supporting documentation based on their disability type(s) from an appropriate medical provider that meets the university's official documentation guidelines.
- At any point in this process, students can schedule an appointment to speak with a Disability Specialist regarding their accommodation needs.
- All dietary accommodation requests are reviewed by the Student Access & Accommodation Documentation Review Committee (DSDRC). Accommodation requests cannot be reviewed until an application and documentation have been submitted.
- A follow up appointment will be requested once the documentation and accommodation requests have been reviewed. Students will be sent an email through their TCU email account to schedule a follow up appointment to discuss the outcome of the review.
More information regarding dining options at TCU can be found on the TCU Dining Services site.
Things to Remember:
- TCU offers a variety of dining options for students, to include Magnolia Zero7, a dining option to meet the needs of students with allergy or dietary concerns.
- Magnolias Zero7 was created to fulfill the growing need for dining options for students with various allergies and dietary restrictions. Providing lunch and dinner, Magnolias Zero7 meals are made fresh daily. The rotating menu is designed to produce diverse options reflective of the season. All meals cooked in Magnolias Zero7 are always soy, egg, wheat/gluten, shellfish, dairy, tree nut/peanut FREE.
- TCU offers students a variety of supports to support their nutritional and dietary concerns, to include a registered dietician. Shelley Roaten is our on-campus dietitian who is here for one on one consults for students. Her office is located in the Student Health Center. You can contact her at email@example.com .
- If your food allergy or other medical condition affects your housing, please also see the procedure for applying for housing accommodations.