Rights & Responsibilities
Students Have the Right To:
- Expect all disability-related information to be treated confidentially in accordance with University policy.
- Receive appropriate accommodations in a timely manner from faculty or Student Access & Accommodation.
- Have the opportunity to meet individually with faculty to discuss their approved accommodations or other accommodation related concerns.
- Appeal decisions regarding accommodations.
- Advocate for their disability related needs and accommodations.
Students Have the Responsibility To:
- Be qualified for their academic program and meet all technical standards as outlined by their program of study.
- Self- identify and provide Student Access & Accommodation with appropriate documentation of their disability that meets the university's official documentation guidelines.
- Contact Student Access & Accommodation early in the academic term for which they are seeking accommodations.
- Meet with their instructor during office hours or make an appointment to discuss and implement a plan of action regarding the student’s accommodations. Once a student has received accommodations it is his/her responsibility to promptly discuss accommodation letters and to confer with faculty members, and to return Verification Forms to the Student Access & Accommodation Office.
- Follow procedures with faculty and Student Access & Accommodation in order to put appropriate accommodations in place.
- Notify faculty/SAA immediately when an accommodation is not being provided.
- Participate fully in the interactive process of accommodations. You must advocate for yourself!
- Adhere to TCU’s standards of conduct and maintain a proper relationship with individuals who are providing accommodations, including Student Access & Accommodation staff.